Skin Care Products
Continue Your Regimen at Home with Help from Naples and Marco Island's Skin Wellness Physicians
ADVANCED SKIN CARE BACKED BY SCIENCE
At Skin Wellness Physicians, we partner with SkinCeuticals to provide consistently fabulous skin care results for our patients. As the world's premier anti-aging skin care line, SkinCeuticals products are on the cutting edge between cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. With SkinCeuticals, the proof is in the results, both in the lab and on skin.
Rigorous clinical studies set SkinCeuticals apart from other skin care lines. Born from decades of skin cancer research that led to pivotal breakthroughs in antioxidants, SkinCeuticals high potency formulas are concentrated in pure actives and proven to penetrate optimally into skin and enhance skin care efficacy.
Our doctors love that they can pair products with cosmetic and aesthetic procedures to provide the best possible results for our patients.
WHAT ARE SKINCEUTICALS PRODUCTS USED FOR?
Some of the indications for SkinCeuticals products include:
- PREVENTING SKIN AGING: Even the best broad-spectrum sunscreen may only block up to 55 percent of damaging free radicals generated by UV exposure. SkinCeuticals PREVENT products are antioxidants clinically proven to neutralize damaging free radicals. SkinCeuticals antioxidants target different skin types—like dry, oily, and problematic—and address visible skin concerns, such as fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration.
- CORRECTING AND IMPROVING SKIN: SkinCeuticals CORRECT products combine anti-aging, clarifying, moisturizing, and exfoliating ingredients to address a wide array of skin concerns, including the appearance of wrinkles, discoloration, blemishes, and more. When used regularly, these targeted products help restore a healthier and more youthful appearance.
- SKIN PROTECTION: The SkinCeuticals PROTECT products include broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreens, including Z-COTE® transparent zinc oxide, in cosmetically elegant textures. Suitable for all skin types, daily use, and prolonged sun exposure, these sunscreens work in conjunction with SkinCeuticals' antioxidant vitamin C serums to provide comprehensive environmental protection.
- POST-PROCEDURE CARE: Post-procedure skin is delicate and needs special care. SkinCeuticals products suitable for post-procedure skin were formulated to soothe, rehydrate, and calm skin after intensive procedures. These products are also excellent for sensitive skin and very dry skin. These products include Phyto Corrective Mask, Soothing Cleanser, CE Ferulic, Phyto Corrective Gel, Hydra Balm, Physical UV Defense, and Epidermal Repair.
- ACNE: SkinCeuticals offers a complete line for acne-prone skin, including the award-winning LHA Cleansing Gel.
- HYPERPIGMENTATION: Skin discoloration is the result of excess melanin, which is the natural pigment that gives color to skin. An excess is often caused by chronic UV exposure, hormonal fluctuations, past acne blemishes, and natural aging. Combat skin discoloration with SkinCeuticals products that are clinically proven to reduce the appearance of discoloration by exfoliating dead skin cells and protecting the skin from environmental damage caused by free radicals and UV exposure. One of our favorite products in this category is Discoloration Defense, which targets visible skin discoloration for brighter, more even-looking skin.
- SENSITIVE SKIN AND ROSACEA: Sensitive skin can be an inherited trait, or may occur occasionally due to product use, stress, environmental exposure, or certain fragrances. SkinCeuticals advanced skin care products for sensitive skin help to alleviate skin discomfort and calm the overall appearance and feel of skin. These non-comedogenic skin care products are formulated for and tested on sensitive skin in order to maintain a comfortable look and feel. One of our favorite products in this category is Phyto Corrective Gel, which is a hydrating, soothing gel serum with botanical ingredients ideal to calm and hydrate skin, while improving visual redness.
We offer SkinCeuticals at Skin Wellness Physicians because our doctors believe it is the top skin care line in the industry. Find out what SkinCeuticals can do for you by booking a consultation with our licensed aesthetician!
Additional Skin Care Products
Elta MD® sunscreens help prevent sunburn and decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun, when used with other sun protection measures. Elta MD® sunscreens are formulated with transparent zinc oxide, are noncomedogenic, and are free of sensitivity, fragrance, and parabens. All Elta MD® sunscreens are recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as effective broad-spectrum sunscreens.
Ultraviolet, or UV rays, are part of the invisible energy that comes from the sun. UVA (aging) rays account for 95 percent of our sun exposure. They cause skin aging and contribute to skin cancer. UVA rays penetrate deeply into the skin layers, damaging collagen and cells, which leads to wrinkling, hyperpigmentation, and loss of elasticity. UVB (burning) rays mostly affect the outer layer of the skin. They cause sunburns and tanning that increase the risk of skin cancer and other disorders. The risk for skin cancer doubles in people who have had five or more sunburns, according to the Skin Cancer Foundation (November 2010).
All Elta MD® sunscreens are formulated with zinc oxide, a natural, mineral compound. Because zinc maintains its protective ability in the sun, it is more photostable than some chemical ingredients that may degrade. Zinc sunscreen blocks the widest spectrum of UVA and UVB rays, protecting skin against burning and the premature appearance of aging and risk of skin cancer. Zinc is safe for even the most sensitive skin types.
We offer most Elta MD® facial and body sunscreens, including the award winning UV Clear.
We’re Colorescience, and we know healthy skin.
From sunlight, to pollution, to free radicals, we believe in going way beyond UV. We’re obsessively overprotective about preventing skin damage. And that’s exactly why physicians love us.
We know skincare innovation.
We believe skincare battles are best won before they are fought. Because investing in scientific innovation now, means we won’t have to pay the price for free radicals later.
We know sun protection.
When it comes to sunscreen, we believe it should be a purely physical relationship—not a chemical one. Because the best defense is a mineral suncare offense.
Specializing in kid-friendly and sensitive skin care products, Pharmaceutical Specialties develops and manufactures skin care products for people who need, or want, to avoid many of the common chemical irritants found in ordinary skin care products. Their products are free of dyes, fragrance, masking fragrance, lanolin, parabens, and formaldehyde.
Because offensive ingredients are left out, these products may be used by people with sensitive skin. They are ideal for the entire family. The most important ingredient is TRUST.
Some body and facial skin care products we carry at Skin Wellness Physicians are Vanicream™, Vanicream™ Lite Lotion, Vaniply™ Ointment/Skin Protectant, Vanicream™ Cleansing Bar, and Vanicream™ Z-Bar.
Recent scar treatment guidelines emphasize the need for preventative measures after wound closure to prevent excessive scar formation. Silicone is considered the gold standard for first line treatment and prevention of hypertrophic scars and keloids.
Silagen is the first and only comprehensive, physician-exclusive line of medical grade silicone scar therapies. This product protects from UV exposure to help prevent brown hyperpigmentation of the scar, which may become permanent.
- Includes medical grade silicone + zinc oxide, a general mineral sunscreen.
- Faster drying than any other silicone gels.
- Soft Silky feel preferred by 98% of physicians surveyed.
- No extra potentially irritating ingredients.
Dermablend® is the No. 1 most recommended makeup coverage product by dermatologists. Everything from stretch marks to acne scars to full-body and face tattoos vanish under the long lasting cover of Dermablend®. As a favorite among professional makeup artists, celebrities, and consumers, Dermablend® is regularly featured in leading magazines including Oprah, Allure, and InStyle. Dermablend® is allergy tested, non-comedogenic (does not block pores!), non-acnegenic, and fragrance free. We offer concealers and highlighters for a variety of different skin tones.