The male aesthetic market continues to grow and expand year over year. Male patients are undergoing cosmetic procedures at Florida’s Skin Wellness Physicians and elsewhere with the goal of a natural, but rejuvenated, face and skin. Motivation for such procedures is a mixture of social and work-related pressures to look young and fit.
Each year, prestigious medical societies poll physicians to determine the number and type of treatments provided to patients. Statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons reported that male patients most commonly received the following non-invasive cosmetics procedures:
No. 1—Injectable Neurotoxins: BOTOX® and Dysport®
- Treats wrinkles of movement on the face and neck.
- Used to smooth forehead furrows, frown lines, crow’s feet, and dimpling of the chin; lift the corners of the mouth; and correct a gummy smile.
No. 2—Injectable Fillers: Juvederm® and Restylane®
- Used to replace areas of volume loss and fill fine lines.
- Commonly used to smooth the nasolabial folds and marionette lines.
No. 3—Chemical Peels / Facials
- Our medical aesthetician, Doris Butchin, can customize a treatment that reinvigorates the skin and is also a relaxing getaway.
No. 4—Laser Treatments for Brown Spots, Sun Damage, Wrinkles, Broken Blood Vessels, and Laser Hair Removal
- We have multiple laser treatments at Skin Wellness Physicians, depending on what you are looking to treat and how much down time you can afford.
- Our most popular laser treatment for men is the pulsed dye laser, which treats redness and broken blood vessels on the face. This laser has little down time (some redness and swelling) and is repeated two to four times at four-week intervals.
- The broad based light treatment (BBL) is another favorite. It is beneficial in that it treats both redness and brown spots and has little downtime. This is also a series of several treatments.
- Halo™ is an ablative laser treatment that packs a little more punch. It does have more downtime than the previous two, but it is very effective for improving skin texture and tone, and removing brown spots and fine lines.
- Fractionated CO2 is the gold standard for wrinkles. Men may choose to treat their entire face or spot treat. For example, those trying to put off a surgical procedure to tighten the skin around the eyes will often turn to this laser first.
No. 5—Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is a Rapidly Growing Treatment for Hair Loss, Specifically Male Pattern Hair Loss.
- Hair loss often needs a multifaceted approach with topicals, oral supplements, oral prescription medications, and PRP.
- PRP is injection of a patient’s own platelets back into the body. A small amount of blood is taken and spun down to extract the concentrated plasma. This concentrate is then injected into the scalp to stimulate new hair growth.
I’ve covered a lot today and I know it can be overwhelming to know what might be right for you. That’s why it is always best to come in to the Skin Wellness Physicians office for a cosmetic consultation where a one-on-one evaluation will allow us to create a treatment plan specifically tailored for you! Call us at (239) 732-0044 or send us a message online to arrange a visit.